Re: Replacing WebSQL with a Relational Data Model.

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 3:20 PM, Keean Schupke <keean@fry-it.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

>> Coming up with a join language for IndexedDB is far from the top of our
>> priority queue at the moment.  If you're interested in doing some
>> prototyping or speccing on your own in the mean time, I think that'd be very
>> valuable.  But either way, I don't think we should spend much more time
>> discussing this issue at this time.
>>

> Chrome supports WebSQL, so someone at Google must have thought it was a
> good idea. Do you have any idea who that was?  (I am assuming from your
> email address that you are involved with Chrome?)

Let's not re-hash the WebSQLDatabase issue.  There are differing opinions
even within Google, but the fact that Mozilla and Microsoft are not going to
implement it (and, in my personal opinion, for good reasons) makes such
discussion moot.

If that answer doesn't satisfy you, please search the archives as this has
been discussed a few times now.