Re: [CORS] Suggested HTTP error codes on forbidden origin, unsupported method, etc.?

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 12:01:59 +0200, Vladimir Dzhuvinov
<vladimir@dzhuvinov.com> wrote:
> I looked at various CORS examples, but they were not particularly
> instructional on how the server should respond if the origin is not
> allowed or some other check fails. The CORS spec also seems to
> deliberately avoid this and leave it to the implementers.
>
> For my CORS servlet filter I'm planning to respond with
>
> HTTP 403 Forbidden - on a origin that is not allowed
> HTTP 405 Method not allowed - on an unsupported method
>
> Does this make sense?
>
> How should the server respond if it receives a custom header that is
> not listed as supported?

I suppose we could give advice, but it does not really matter as the
client will always treat it as a network error to make it
indistinguishable from other failures.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/