Re: [Notifications] feedback requested on new Editor's Draft

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 4:53 PM, Ryan Seddon <seddon.ryan@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 1:06 PM, John Gregg <johnnyg@google.com> wrote:
>
>> After the extensive discussion several weeks ago, I've been working on a
>> new draft for Web Notifications which is now available at
>> http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebNotifications/publish/
>>

> Not sure if this has been asked before but what about an optional property
> to position it elsewhere beside the bottom left.
>
> Something like:
>
> createNotification(in DOMString iconUrl, in DOMString title, in DOMString
> body[, in DOMString position])
>
> Where it can take 4 possible values: topleft, topright, bottomleft,
> bottomright. Bottomright being the default.

Do you have a use case in mind for this?  Perhaps there is one on a
particular device, but for most of the browser/desktop use cases I think it
is preferable to leave it up to the user agent or the underlying
notification platform to decide where to put the notifications (probably
based on user preferences).

> > Should we really put another interface on the global object? Can we not
>> put these on window.navigator like other APIs that integrate with the system
>> layer?
>>

> I also agree that it would make sense to add it to navigator.

Sounds like there is consensus on that.  I will move it there.

 -John