Re: Window id - an idea to make multi page web application easier

Hi, Sebastian-

Sebastian Hennebrueder wrote (on 2/12/10 8:11 AM):
> Maciej Stachowiak schrieb:

>>> thank you for the feedback.
>>> HTML 5 defines precise scopes for per window or per browser which can
>>> be used by JavaScript.
>>> The missing bit is to pass a window id to the server with the HTTP
>>> request. I don't know to which spec this actually belongs to.
>>>
>>> I am hoping that people here can help me or finally convince me that
>>> my idea is useless.
>>
>> I think this request would be more appropriate for HTML5, yes. Please
>> bring it to the HTML WG or WHATWG.
>
> Thank you to both of you.
>
> I started a discussion on the what wg list and somebody added a nice
> idea to provide an interface to the local storage / session storage from
> the server side.
>
> http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2010-February/024979.html

Actually, I think this should also be in scope for the Web Messaging
spec, which is in our new draft charter.  It needs to address resource
discoverability, which your proposal might be part of.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2010/webapps/charter/Overview.html

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs