Re: Window id - an idea to make multi page web application easier

Maciej Stachowiak schrieb:
> On Jan 29, 2010, at 6:36 AM, Sebastian Hennebrueder wrote:
>
>> Arthur Barstow schrieb:
>>> Sebastian, All,

>>> WebApp'ers - does anyone have any feedback for Sebastian? Would this "idea" be more applicable to HTML5?
>>> -Art Barstow
>> Hi Art,
>>
>> thank you for the feedback.
>> HTML 5 defines precise scopes for per window or per browser which can be used by JavaScript.
>> The missing bit is to pass a window id to the server with the HTTP request. I don't know to which spec this actually belongs to.
>>
>> I am hoping that people here can help me or finally convince me that my idea is useless.
>
> I think this request would be more appropriate for HTML5, yes. Please bring it to the HTML WG or WHATWG.
>
> Regards,
> Maciej

Thank you to both of you.

I started a discussion on the what wg list and somebody added a nice
idea to provide an interface to the local storage / session storage from
the server side.

http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2010-February/024979.html

--
Best Regards / Viele Grüße

Sebastian Hennebrueder
-----
Software Developer and Trainer for Hibernate / Java Persistence
http://www.laliluna.de