Re: Notifications

I'm not entirely certain I understand this suggestion - is this just a
change to the spec language, or does it impact the actual API (i.e. would
webapps still do the following):

if ('createHTMLNotifications' in window.notifications) {
    ...html notifications exist...
}

Or are you proposing something else?

Since these APIs are available in Chrome currently (as the experimental
window.webkitNotifications API), there's no reason for us to debate the
utility of HTML notifications in the abstract when we can get feedback from
application developers with real use cases. I've been running into some of
the limitations of the text + icon notifications in my recent work (one
example: the lack of an onclick event) which I'll try to write up sometime
in the near future.

-atw