From: Arthur Barstow [mailto:Art.Barstow@nokia.com]
Sent: 03 February 2010 15:55
To: Marcos Caceres; David Rogers
Cc: public-webapps
Subject: Re: [widgets] P&C: comments submitted after 1-Dec-2009 CR#2
publication

On Feb 3, 2010, at 10:48 AM, ext David Rogers wrote:

> Are there formal points (e.g. 100,000 users etc.) at which this is
> gated? I'm assuming that some organisations would wait until it
> reached PR before implementing so your proposal could be somewhat
> chicken and egg related.

Each CR defines its own "exit criteria". For this spec it is:

[[
http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/CR-widgets-20091201/#sotd

The Web Applications (WebApps) Working Group expects to request that
the Director advance this document to Proposed Recommendation once
the Working Group has demonstrated at least two interoperable
implementations (interoperable meaning at least two implementations
that pass each mandatory test in the [P&C-Test-Suite]). The WebApps
Working Group expects to show these implementations as part of an
Implementation Report and advance to Proposed Recommendation after 24
January 2010.
]]

Based on this criteria and what has been captured in the
Implementation Report, it appears the exit criteria in the CR has
been met:

  http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/imp-report/

-Art Barstow