Re: localStorage Event

On 1/29/10 12:22 AM, Jared Morse wrote:
> Perhaps I am mistaken, but I believe you would still have to go around
> and add that trigger to all the places the value is changed from.

Well you could do something like
Storage.prototype.setItemAndNotify =
   function (key, data) {
     this.setItem(key, data);
     var e = document.createEvent("StorageEvent");
     e.initStorageEvent(...);
     window.dispatchEvent(e);
   }

and use that when you set some item.
Or just replace setItem method using prototype.

That way you get the behavior you want, but still allow the
other behavior.

-Olli