Re: State of Media Type Sniffing

I'm not entirely sure how the maturity levels map between the IETF and
the W3C.  The sniffing spec is likely going to be part of the HASMAT
working group, which is starting up in the IETF.  I don't expect the
algorithm itself to change much from its current form.  Most of the
discussion has been centering on how it relates to other specs, such
as HTTP, and who should be require/allowed to implement the algorithm.

Adam