Re: [XHR2] Event Handler Attributes - onredirect

On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 19:28:42 +0200, James Feister <openjaf@gmail.com>
wrote:
> As it states in section '3.1 Origin and Base URL' objects created with
> an association other than the window object are out of scope for the
> document.  To add a way to control this usage and not hinder the
> functionality of possible implementations would it be beneficial to
> add an 'onredirect' to the list of 'Event Handler Attributes'?  This
> would allow the users of the request object, regardless of its
> associated origin, control if privilege is available.  Those that have
> the limitation of origin within the window object would only receive
> the signal as part of the current functionality of the request, while
> those with other object origin with possible greater privilege (ex:
> Firefox chrome privilege) would be able to handle the redirect as they
> wish.

I don't see what it has to do with redirects. It is about the global
object being a Window object versus, say, it being a WorkerGlobalScope
object. Control over redirects is something we have not made a decision on.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/