Re: XMLHttpRequest.responseBlob

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 01:19:52 +0200, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Apr 2010, Jonas Sicking wrote:
>>
>> I initially implemented an uppercased name, but when I was writing test
>> cases for this property it was incredibly awkward to use the uppercased
>> version and I kept mistyping it using the lower cased name.

I've had no problem writing tests with the uppercase name.

>> I would rather keep consistency with the hundreds of other properties
>> that use lower case name, than the single one that use upper case.

I would rather have all attributes with the same name use the same case.

>> Add
>> to that the fact that Document.URL is fairly rarely used.

It's more used than referrer, lastModified, charset, characterSet,
defaultCharset, dir, head, embeds, plugins, links, scripts, innerHTML,
activeElement, designMode and commands on HTMLDocument according to google
code search.

> Fine, fine. I've updated HTML5 to rename WebSocket.URL, EventSource.URL,
> and Stream.URL to be lowercase.

Can you change it back? We've implemented and written tests for
WebSocket.URL. WebKit has implemented EventSource.URL and WebSocket.URL.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software