Re: XMLHttpRequest.responseBlob

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010, Simon Pieters wrote:

> > Fine, fine. I've updated HTML5 to rename WebSocket.URL,
> > EventSource.URL, and Stream.URL to be lowercase.
>
> Can you change it back? We've implemented and written tests for
> WebSocket.URL. WebKit has implemented EventSource.URL and WebSocket.URL.

Do you plan to implement the File API attribute as .URL also?

I really think we should make sure we end up with a consistent naming
scheme here. If Gecko is the only engine that's going to do .url instead
of .URL, then I'm happy to change it back (on the assumption that Gecko
will eventually be forced to change to match). However, it would be a
pretty mess if we ended up developing APIs in the same year that had
different cases for the same attributes.

Does anyone implement EventStorage.url, by the way? I noticed that one was
lowercase in the spec while I was doing the earlier change.