Re: Comments on Last Call Working Draft of XHR

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 18:25:57 +0100, Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org> wrote:
> Hopefully you'll get a formal response from the i18n WG shortly.  In the
> meantime, I have only a couple of personal editorial suggestions:

I have not seen a response from the i18n WG.

> [1] 2.2 terminology
> It would help a lot to link each of the terms defined in html5 to the
> appropriate location in the html5 spec, if possible.

We have this situation in several specifications at the moment. I'm not
sure what the correct solution will be here so I rather wait with
implementing something until we agree on something that will work
everywhere. I agree it is not ideal, but having to update all the
terminology links all the time is not great either.

> [2] same section
>
> I was confused by the term "document's character encoding".  I suspect
> this ought to be "character encoding (of the document)", where the
> parenthesised text is non-bold.  The problem was that I thought
> "document's character encoding" was a single term, like "URL character
> encoding", and was something different than "character encoding" (in the
> same way that "document character set" is different from "character
> set").

It is actually a single term, defined by HTML5.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/