Re: Length of LC comment period

On Dec 8, 2009, at 9:09 AM, ext Ian Hickson wrote:

>>> Yeah but they typically have minimal impact on the deployed Web,
>>> unlike the storage mutex problem.
>>
>> So hang on... Why are going to LC if this is such a massive issue?
>
> Well from the point of view of the spec, the issue is resolved. It
> "just"
> has unfortunate performance implications for multi-process UAs.
>

>> Is this issue clearly marked in the spec with a link to at least an
>> email thread where the problem is described?
>
> Not currently; I can add some text if you think that would be
> useful. I
> had assumed everyone was pretty much fully aware of the issue.

Adding some text to the spec would indeed be consistent with the
following LC entrance criteria:

[[
http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#last-call

2. Fulfill the relevant requirements of the Working Group charter and
those of any accompanying requirements documents, or report which
relevant requirements have not been fulfilled.
]]

-Art Barstow