Re: XHR LC

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 8:13 AM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> here's a very generic comment... did the browser makers that are present
> over here actually try to update their implementations to what XHR
> specifies? Or are they actually waiting for it to progress?
>
> The reason I'm asking is the frustrating level of support for HTTP extension
> methods; IE8 blocks many methods (forcing developers to fall back to the
> ActiveX XHR object which *does* support them). Opera is even worse: it
> silently (!) rewrites method names to GET.
>
> Best regards, Julian
>
> PS: Firefox/Opera/Chrome are ok.

I can only answer for firefox (which might not be relevant then), but
no, we're not waiting for the spec to progress further in the W3C
process. We just need someone to find the time to through the spec,
test if we conform or not, and file bugs/attach patches.

A comprehensive test suite would of course be hugely helpful here.
Once we get time to do the above I'm certain that we'll be able to
contribute tests to such a test suite.

/ Jonas