Re: Let's turn WebDatabase into a WG Note

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009, Nikunj R. Mehta wrote:

> While good work has gone into the IDL/JavaScript Call Level Interface
> (CLI), we have made no progress on its SQL language specification and
> are not likely to in the future.

For the record, we've made no progress because I explicitly wasn't going
to do it until 2010. If either Microsoft or Mozilla (or ideally both) are
interested in implementing this after all, I would be quite willing to
write the spec for SQL to the same level of detail as HTML5.

In the absence of interest in the matter, however, I'm happy to let the
spec stand without a definition of the SQL dialect beyond just "use
sqlite". It just means we can't progress the spec past CR.