[widgets] Test suite full coverage of mandatory aspects in the P&C spec, was Re: OMTP BONDI Reference Implementation fully compliant against mandatory P&C tests

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 9:05 PM, David Rogers <david.rogers@omtp.org> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am very pleased to be able to announce that OMTP's BONDI Reference
> Implementation for Windows Mobile is now fully compliant to the 165
> mandatory tests available for the W3C Widgets 1.0: Packaging and
> Configuration specification (proposed for CR #2). The test results can be
> found here:
> http://samaxes.svn.beanstalkapp.com/widgets_compatibility_matrix/trunk/index.html

Congrats to the BONDI team :)

> Many thanks to Toby Ealden, Christian Breitschwerdt and Marcos Caceres for
> their outstanding efforts on this. We look forward to working with you all
> on having another interoperable implementation to help achieve full release
> of the specification.

Just wanted to add that last Friday I added the last remaining tests
to give us full coverage of all the MUST assertions in the P&C test
suite. There may be some tests we need to add in the future, but, as
editor, I am generally satisfied with the level of coverage we
currently have.

As noted in another email [2], we still need to add the optional tests
to allow us to progress to PR (as requested by the Director of the
W3C... again, any help with these tests is greatly appreciated).

I am hopeful that other implementers will work with the WG to achieve
interoperability across the widget specs by providing us with test
suite results and means of verifying those results (and helping us
improve the test suite). I'll be moving the implementation report [1]
to the W3C on Monday (and I'll add the Widgeon tests).

Also, Opera has released it's first set of test results for our
internal implementation currently as part of [1]. We have no date yet
as to when this implementation will be publicly available, however.

Kind regards,
Marcos

[1] http://samaxes.svn.beanstalkapp.com/widgets_compatibility_matrix/trunk/index.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/0998.html