Re: [widgets] About the test suite

On Nov 14, 2009, at 04:30 , Marcos Caceres wrote:
>> Also, we are working on an implementation of the widget spec but we don't
>> have support for HTML, only SVG. The tests are currently designed with HTML
>> start files. Would it be possible to have alternative versions with SVG
>> start files ?
>
> Sure! I'm happy to include that. However, I will need your help to
> make that happen. If you can commit some time, then we can talk about
> how we get SVG as a standard part of the test suite. WDYT?

That should actually be reasonably trivial. Most of the HTML documents in the test suite are the same green/red/grey documents. It's easy to make the same in SVG, and then replace all the HTML documents with the same hash with their corresponding SVGs, renaming the .html in the config files. That should leave a few to change manually, but nothing horrible.

Having a script to do the entirety of this (including, if possible, the mostly manual parts) would be great as it would help us maintain only one source.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/