Re: [FileAPI] Latest Revision of Editor's Draft

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Oct 2009, Jonas Sicking wrote:
>>
>> All we're saying is that urn:uuid represents a specific chunk of data
>> with a specific mimetype. This seems like something that's already there
>> with urn:uuid.
>
> We're also saying that urn:uuid: has special semantics in the same-origin
> model, and that it has an expiration model.

The expiration model is just that when the Document goes away the
urn:uuid is changed to no longer represent that chunk of data.

The origin is something that at least in gecko we build on top of the
URI, i.e. the URI itself doesn't contain any origin information. If
you consider it to be part of the URI, then why wouldn't each
urn:uuids already have an origin?

/ Jonas