Re: [widgets] Test suite questions

On Sep 29, 2009, at 18:14 , Marcos Caceres wrote:
> ----
> ta-VngNBkhUXz:
> 	"If the protocol used for acquisition of a potential Zip archive does
> not provide, or otherwise include, a media type, then a user agent
> should treat the acquired potential Zip archive as if it has been
> acquired from a protocol that does not label resources with a media
> type."
>
> I agree that "should" is evil. But I think here it is justified.

Well, it might be more an issue with phrasing. What the above is
saying is essentially: IF protocol does not label zip with media type
THEN look at zip as if coming from a protocol that does not label with
media type. If green, treat as if it were green.

> ----
> ta-HTgovPjElK:
> 	"During Step 7, a user agent must apply the algorithm to process a
> configuration document."
>
> I don't think this assertions is redundant. It can be tested by having
> a configuration document that exhaustively tests a UA by having a
> complex configuration document that covers all test conditions. This
> tests would be "compound" (as opposed to atomic), but I think it's an
> important test.

We discussed this and I don't think that it's possible to craft a
document that tests all of the branches of the algorithm at once. This
means one has to devolve to multiple tests. Those might be somewhat
more complex than the more unit-oriented tests that we have, but not
really by that much.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/