RE: [widgets] P&C Last Call comments, versioning

Hi Cameron, Marcos,

>>Just to be clear, version="" and baseProfile="" in SVG Tiny 1.2 are used
>>only as a hint from the content author as to what minimum version of the
>>language is required for the content to work properly.
My point for versioning of widgets is exactly the same as in SVGT1.2.
It is for the content to state what spec it was developed against.
The statement "minimum version" already includes the monotonicity principle.

I do not try to claim that the namespace - used for versioning now - will be changed.
At best not, specifically for interoperability reasons.
The same is for version attribute ("1.0" could live forever).
I support the principle of monotonic spec growth, if it is possible.

The version attribute would be a kind of insurance policy for future that we would be able to benefit from in case there are some new use cases found to e.g. remove part of the spec.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Marcin

Marcin Hanclik
ACCESS Systems Germany GmbH
Tel: +49-208-8290-6452  |  Fax: +49-208-8290-6465
Mobile: +49-163-8290-646