Re: [Selectors-API] IDL namespace

Cameron McCormack wrote:
> Kartikaya Gupta:
>> What namespace does the Selectors-API IDL belong to? This determines
>> the java package (org.w3c.dom.???) that the NodeSelector interface
>> will go in, and is needed for java implementations. Even if it's just
>> the top-level namespace (i.e. the org.w3c.dom package) a note to that
>> effect would be handy.
>
> Yes I think the dom module (and hence the org.w3c.dom Java package) is
> appropriate.  Lachy, the method for mapping IDL modules to Java packages
> in Web IDL isn’t finalised yet.  But the interface can be placed in the
> dom module for now, at least:
>
>   module dom {
>     interface NodeSelector {
>       // …
>     };
>   };

I've now added that module declaration to the spec, under the assumption
that if WebIDL changes the relevant requirements for using modules, then
it shouldn't be a problem to update the syntax in this spec to match.
But it would be helpful to get that section of WebIDL stabalised sooner
rather than later.

You may review the changes in the current editor's draft.

http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/selectors-api/

Please let me know whether or not you are satisfied with this response.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/