Re: Using #waf for June 26 Widgets Call [Was: Agenda for 26 June 2008 Widgets Voice Conference]

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008, Arthur Barstow wrote:

> The IRC channel for this meeting will be [not #webapps] to facilitate
> removing any Member-confidential material from the IRC log.

And this is why I object to there being a member-only mailing list.

I think it's terrible that *even as a fully paid-up member of the group* I
can't just leave my IRC client logging and get all the IRC activity of the
group automatically.

What could there possibly be to hide? It's not like people are going to
say confidential things to each other, the people who would _most benefit_
from confidential information are the very people on the group who would
hear it (the competition interested enough to attend the call).