Re: ISSUE-4 (SpecContent): Should specifications decide what counts as content for transfer? [Progress Events]

* Jonas Sicking wrote:
>It makes no sense to me to for HTTP say that the total number of bytes
>should include HTTP headers. It would be similar to including the TCP
>headers in the IP packets IMHO.

There is a big difference here, an application might not have meaningful
access to the latter, but would necessarily have meaningful access to
the former (even if only to the next hop). The consequence of not in-
cluding headers would be, e.g., that on HEAD requests you would seem to
never make any progress.