Re: [IDB-tests] Completing test suite, review, interop ...

On Mon, 08 Jul 2013 15:50:47 +0200, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
wrote:
> The IDB spec is now a Candidate Recommendation [CR] so I'd like to
> understand the status and plans of its test suite ...
>
> AFAIK, we haven't done any type of `request for review` for the
> submissions nor do there appear to be any related PRs:
>
> <https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/tree/master/IndexedDB/submissions>
>
> Alex - are you (the Test Facilitator) still available to lead the IDB
> testing effort?
>
> All - if you can help here, please do!

I lost overview over it. It's a huge spec and testing it is not really all
that easy with sooo much to test.

It was covering quite a lot of the spec, and it was harder and harder for
me to find simple tests to write. So I think it should be in a quite OK
situation.

I ported many of the Microsoft contributed tests to my style (back when
they were not very good), at the same time, Microsoft also fixed their own
tests, so there are some duplication there now. If I was to do it now, I'd
take my MS-port, and the extra tests I have, put them in one folder, and
then port over the remaining Microsoft-tests that was new from after the
port.

That way, all the tests would be in one style, and it'd be quite
comprehensive.

I started filling out some meta data for the tests because I created a
small tool to highlight (in the spec) what paragraphs were covered by
which tests.  I was reassigned to do other things before I got to finish
that part though.

All in all, I deem the test coverage quite OK, as long as we do the
merge-and-move-work.

--
Odin Hørthe Omdal · @odinho