Re: Seeking status of the WebSocket API test suite

From: James Graham <jgraham@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 22:22:40 +0100 (CET)
To: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
cc: "public-webapps-testsuite@w3.org" <public-webapps-testsuite@w3.org>
On Thu, 8 Dec 2011, Arthur Barstow wrote:

> Now that the WebSocket API spec is in the Candidate Recommendation state, the
> WG must create a test suite for the spec to advance to Recommendation.
>
> Microsoft and Ms2ger submitted some tests:
>
>  http://w3c-test.org/webapps/WebSockets/tests/
>
> Does anyone have a general (or specific) idea of the level of coverage these
> tests provide?

I have only glanced at those tests but in general testing websockets
correctly requires a server side component that can put arbitary bits on
the wire (to check that the API behaves correctly in the face of broken
content). I remember there was some discussion about how to solve this but
didn't see any concrete solutions. Is this problem now solved? What do the
above tests use?