From: James Graham [mailto:jgraham@opera.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2011 1:23 PM
To: Arthur Barstow
Cc: public-webapps-testsuite@w3.org
Subject: Re: Seeking status of the WebSocket API test suite

On Thu, 8 Dec 2011, Arthur Barstow wrote:

> Now that the WebSocket API spec is in the Candidate Recommendation
> state, the WG must create a test suite for the spec to advance to Recommendation.
>
> Microsoft and Ms2ger submitted some tests:
>
>  http://w3c-test.org/webapps/WebSockets/tests/
>
> Does anyone have a general (or specific) idea of the level of coverage
> these tests provide?

I have only glanced at those tests but in general testing websockets correctly requires a server side component that can put arbitary bits on the wire (to check that the API behaves correctly in the face of broken content). I remember there was some discussion about how to solve this but didn't see any concrete solutions. Is this problem now solved? What do the above tests use?