Re: [comment] XMLHttpRequest Object - DOM 3 Load and Save

Le 06-04-22 à 17:21, Anne van Kesteren a écrit :
> On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 08:45:36 +0200, Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org> wrote:
>> I'm not asking the WebAPI WG to chase all these mistakes available
>> everywhere, but the specification (Appendix) or a primer could be
>> a good opportunity to fix that.
>
> The working group decided not to mention DOM Level 3 Load and Save
> and all during our first F2F. Do you want us to revisit that?

Not necessary and we (QA) may do it one day, there are so many web
sites which get it wrong and it could be a good opportunity to
introduce this work on the QA weblog.

>> On a related note, did you coordinate with the DOM WG where a
>> project to add a method to DOM 3 for XMLHttpRequest functionnality
>> has been proposed in the past by Philippe Le Hégaret?
>
> I was not aware (and have heard nothing about it in the Web APIs WG
> meetings) of such functionality. Do you perhaps have a pointer?

[[[
Now, here is a proposal to add the missing functionality in DOM 3 LS:

interface HTTPRequest {
   String passwd;
   String user;
   void setHTTPHeader(String header, String value);
}

Add a new DOMConfiguration parameter:
"http-request"
   [optional]
   A reference to a HTTPRequest object, or null. If the value of this
parameter is not null, the implementation will use it if a resource is
retrieved using the HTTP transport protocol.

The parameter is supported on LSParser.config and LSSerializer.config.
It has the limitation of being used for all resources being retrieved,
ie you can't change depending on the external entity being loading from
the same document. There is probably a security issue with user/passwd,
should they either be restricted to the domain of the root document
being retrieved?

then, to access the HTTP headers of the response:

interface HTTPResponse {
   int status;
   String getHTTPHeader(String value);
}

Add a new DOMConfiguration parameter:
"http-response"
  [optional]
  A reference to a HTTPResponse object, or null. If the value of this
parameter is not null, it contains the returned status code and http
headers provided during the retrieval of the root document using the
HTTP transport protocol.

The parameter is supported on Document.config.
]]]

-- XmlHttpRequest and DOM 3 LS from Philippe Le Hegaret on 2005-05-19
(www-dom@w3.org from April to June 2005)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2005AprJun/0039
Mon, 23 May 2005 19:08:36 GMT

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/