Re: passive Copy-and-Paste with scripts

Jonas Sicking wrote:
>>    http://www.activemath.org/~paul/tmp/Ideal-Browser-Behaviour.html
> I am still slightly worried about pages denying access to copy data,
> but I think it would be worth giving it a shot. Browsers could always
> require a higher level of security in case it turns out that pages
> abuse it too much.
Cool!
> However, I would like to see it defined in terms of an event rather
> then attributes.
Good idea, although I fear I may be half-skilled with the appropriate
language for it.
In any case, do you have other pointers to the matter outside of ?
  http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Events/events.html
Are there some current convention in the webAPI documents for events ?
> Also, it is not clear to me that onselected or oncut is needed.
I think oncut is absolutely needed if implementing something like a
visual editor... and it matches the standard gestures.

onselected is fragile... at least... it was just invented.
But I know it matches what I see the two use-cases would need to be
complete:
- for the formula case, the selection should, ideally, only be made to
whole terms... so that the handler or event could trigger an enlargement
to a span representing the term at least if crossing the term
- for the travel-schedule case, I would at least see value of such
enlargement in case more than one cell of the schedule is selected.

paul