Re: Web Security IG - a proposal of actions

Hi Virginie,

>Hi Paul,
>
>The web & mobile IG aims to deploy web apps on mobile, taking the benefit
>of that market and those devices, see
>http://www.w3.org/2013/07/webmobile-ig-charter.html
>Our security analysis should encompass webapp lifeccyle, and analyse all
>possible interactions of webapp on mobile with the rest of the world.
Ok - but what is a "webapp"?  I'm assuming that this includes applications
that may not communicate with the "web" but would use some set of web
derived protocols for communication.  Specifically for direct
device-to-device applications.

>Do you have specific application in mind related to "peer-to-peer
>security for mobile devices" ?

Yes.  Applications using non-celluar connected direct radio connections
using WI-Fi (or BLE, or LTE Direct).

New security models are being developed for peer-to-peer authentication
for the radio link that will have direct correspondence to the P2P
applications.  Not sure yet how this would map to a "webapp" view.

Paul