Event and DOMHighResTimeStamp

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 15:09:40 -0400
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Cc: public-web-perf <public-web-perf@w3.org>, Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>
Hi Anne,

I'm trying to close
 http://www.w3.org/2010/webperf/track/issues/13

To summarize a bit, folks would like to have a DOMHighResTimeStamp in
the event interface. Last time this came up was in January, in the
thread:
[[
[HighResolutionTime2] Add DOMHighResTimeStamp to Event?
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-perf/2014Jan/thread.html#msg9
]]

The bottom line was that we felt it was a bit out of place for us to
extend the Event interface in the HRT spec. I believe you were
uncomfortable in adding it in the DOM specification because the time
origin is defined in terms of the HTML navigation definition. Is that
still you're thinking and do you still believe we should be the one to
extend the Event interface?

Philippe