building acceleration into the web

From: <bizzbyster@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2014 10:29:20 -0400
To: public-web-perf@w3.org
All,

I recently wrote a blog post on how we can build the technology of web accelerating proxies into browsers and web servers themselves. I think the idea is exciting not only because it will have a dramatic impact on mashup web pages like ESPN as described in the post but also because it allows encrypted HTTPS web sites to be fast over high latency networks like mobile and satellite which rely heavily on the presence of transparent web accelerating proxies to be fast.

The idea requires "Resource Hints" to be working properly in all browsers as described in Ilya's doc here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HeTVglnZHD_mGSaID1gUZPqLAa1lXWObV-Zkx6q_HF4/edit.

Here's the post: http://caffeinatetheweb.com/baking-acceleration-into-the-web-itself/.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts,

Peter Lepeska