Re: New Web NFC API draft - please review by Thu 10 Sep

Hi Jeffrey, All,

> On 07 Sep 2015, at 22:18, Jeffrey Yasskin <jyasskin@google.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the update! I have some fundamental comments, and then a
> partial list of more minor comments:

[...]

Thanks for your thorough and detailed comments and feedback. Your learnings from the Web Bluetooth API are much appreciated too. The group will address your feedback before publishing another snapshot. If more time is needed for review please let me know and we'll extend the review period.

The editors are addressing the review comments as a high priority task and will target to have an updated draft out within a couple of days.

All - I encourage you to familiarize yourself with the latest Web Bluetooth API spec too. That work was started earlier than the Web NFC effort and thus has undergone more scrutiny. There are similarities between these two APIs, and the Web NFC spec should pave the cowpaths set by the Web Bluetooth API where practical. We are also planning to have a joint meeting at TPAC that will provide a F2F synchronization point between the efforts.

Thanks,

-Anssi (CG chair)