Re: [HOME_NETWORK_TF] Home Network Technologies

On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 15:25:27 +0200, Jan Lindquist
<jan.lindquist@ericsson.com> wrote:

> It might be enough to have the AVTransport but if one needs to manage
> multiple connections the ConnectionManager is good to have.
>
> When I checked the requirements the control of playback of content is
> covered under 3-box model. I am missing the control of the TV like a
> remote control. Suggest to add a requirement under 3-box model:
>
> - User agents should provide a means for controlling the device
> rendering content (ex. TV). The control could for example control volume
> and other features in the device.

Isn't this already covered by the first requirements for the 2-box model,
that is

"User agents should provide a means for discovering home network
web-servers that host applications which advertise content and other
services."

?

Another more generic comment: we should probably split requirements in
generic ones about discovery of services and interaction with services and
specific requirements for some particulars services like audio/video
playback.

TV & Connected Devices
Opera Software - Sweden