Re: [HOME_NETWORK_TF] Home Network Technologies

Hi Bob,

Yes that is exactly what I had in mind - the ability query and control
those aspects of the TV experience - not just those involving streaming of
media from other devices in the home. For the BBC it would be important to
support the use cases I outlined for broadcast content that potentially
never leaves the receiver device.

Did anything come of Doug's suggestions? What kind of model did he have in
mind? The concept of "remote control" could have several meanings:

* the simulation of button pushes or other means of driving the existing
   UI presented on the screen by the TV itself

* a content centric model for querying and control in the style of UPnP
   services, Universal Control API, or others

The latter better lends itself to supporting dual-screen scenarios.

regards

Matt