RE: Action item: Tabindex technique

Hi John,

I'm glad you like the technique.

I liked your suggestion to add an explanation that elements with a tabindex
will receive focus before the other elements. I checked the spec and
elements that do not have a tabindex or a tabindex with value 0 will be
navigated next, in the order in which they occur in the delivery unit. I
have added this information to the technique.

You asked whether my technique to use a data table for the form was
acceptable. I had the same doubts which is why I added title attributes to
the input fields. We had already decided in 1.3.1 that using the title
attribute was a sufficient technique for labelling interactive elements. So
even if using a data table is not sufficient to label the interactive
elements, the title attribute should cover it.

Yvette Hoitink
Heritas, Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands
E-mail: y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl
WWW: http://www.heritas.nl