RE: Change title of Conformance in the context of WCAG-EM

HI all

I think we need to be really careful here.  I agree with Peter that many
organisations will be drawn to WCAG-EM hoping that it will allow them to
make WCAG conformance claims.  I'd rather not do away with the word
completely, but describe what WCAG conformance actually means (every page,
every point), and how WCAG-EM can assist with checking a sample of pages
(for which theoretically conformance could be claimed for the sample, if
every page of the sample met the level claimed), but that every page of
whole site would need to be brought into line with that claim if someone
wanted to claim full WCAG complilance.

Regards,

Vivienne Conway, B.IT (Hons), MACS CT, AALIA(CS)

Director

Web Key IT Pty Ltd

PO BOX 681 Wanneroo, WA 6946

M    0415 383 673   F   (08) 9325 6422

E      v.conway@webkeyit.com <mailto:vivienne.conway@webkeyit.com>

W    www.webkeyit.com <http://www.webkeyit.com/>

This communication, including any attachments, is intended solely for the
named addressee. It is confidential and may be subject to legal professional
privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact me
immediately by reply email, delete it from your system and destroy any
copies. This email is subject to copyright, no part of it should be
reproduced, adapted or transmitted without the prior written consent of the
copyright owner. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Web Key IT
Pty Ltd.