Re: New TCDL draft - Re: TSD TF: Agenda for 22 August 2006

Hi Christophe,

Christophe Strobbe wrote:

> Hi Vangelis,
>
> At 14:07 29/08/2006, Evangelos Vlachogiannis wrote:
>> Hi Christophe, all,
>>
>> Some more minor comments:The source Element Type:
>> In case we use an example from WCAG techniques for instance,
>> should/how we refer?
>
> "source" is strictly speaking only intended for borrowed test
> files/samples, and I have until now assumed that they have a URI/URL of
> their own instead of being embedded in another document like the WCAG
> techniques.
> At first sight, the examples in the techniques document have an id (in
> the H5 element above each example), so we can create URLs these
> examples. But to support references to them from the source element, I
> would need to rename an element (sourceFile) and make the testSuite
> element optional.
> Any thoughts or comments?

This sounds me reasonable. Alternatively we could have RefContext (ex.
Techniques for WCAG 2.0 - http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/) and
RefResource (ex. Combining adjacent image and text links for the same
resource - http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/#H2) elements instead of
TestSuite and sourceFile respectively.

>> The technicalSpec Element Type
>> ".. element for each file format used by the test case". Maybe need to
>> clarify: what about inline css? consider replace with something like
>> "technology used"
>
> OK, I have changed this in the document. I'll post a new version later
> this week.
>

>> The disabilities Element Type
>> I was wondering if we could use a more generic term like "UserProfile"
>> so that TCDL could met more generic scope.
>
> Hmm, yes, but then we need to define this UserProfile from scratch and
> we would like to start creating test samples as soon as possible.
I had in mind something like:
<UserProfile>
	<attribute>
		<name>disability</name>
		<value>deafness</value>
	</attribute>
</UserProfile>

But, sure I agree, time is a big issue here.

Best regards,
Vangelis