Re: News is only found on the index page of the new WAI site?

On 9/26/2017 1:54 PM, Wise, Charlotte wrote:
> Just want to confirm that News is only available below the fold of the index page of the

I still think the fundamental problem is that News is too far down on the home page. It is *News* :-) (and it is the easiest thing to be updated frequently). If the concern with having it higher up was visual design -- ie, it's boring -- then we can spice it up. I can easily define a set of icons for the common types of News items, and we can include images sometimes as appropriate.

I still think we should consider a 2-column layout with News the left column very high up. Per earlier e-mail -- probably not try to do that this week.

> prototype? I don’t see it in the footer or utility navigation as I am updating the test plan. Am I missing an omnipresent link somewhere? If not, I strongly recommend placing a link to a page with all News/Announcements in the footer, utility navigation, or both.

Open to discussion - my perspective right now: good to have in footer; don't want News to clutter the the utility nav at the top.

~Shawn