Re: Agenda Process Task Force Telcon on 30 September

29.09.2014, 08:01, "Stephen Zilles" <szilles@adobe.com>:
> šFrom: Jeff Jaffe [mailto:jeff@w3.org]

>> šOn 9/25/2014 8:48 AM, chaals@yandex-team.ru wrote:

>>> šI think everyone else is saying "remove it from the process" (I certainly
>>>šam). My concrete proposal is a statement in chartering that "groups can set
>>> šadditional participation requirements so long as they are applied fairly and
>>> štransparently", to replace everything the process currently says about
>>> šgood/bad standing.
>>
>> šI don't understand this substitute proposal.
>>
>> šDo you mean:
>>
>> š1. A charter might say that "the group may set up additional participation
>> šreqts as long as they are fair and transparent"?

No.

>> š2. In our guidelines for writing charters we say "the Director might include
>> šadditional participation requirements". šI think I would be OK with that.

Yes.

> [SZ] Note that section 6.2.6 of the current Process Document already says,
> "A charter MAY include additional voting procedures, but those procedures MUST NOT conflict with the voting requirements of the Process Document.
>
> A charter MAY include provisions other than those required by this document. The charter SHOULD highlight whether additional provisions impose constraints beyond those of the W3C Process Document (e.g., limits on the number of individuals in a Working Group who represent the same Member organization or group of related Members)."

Right. And we noted that additional processes could be added by groups, in chapter 7.

> Since the Director must approve all charters, I think your requirements are met.

I suspect they are too. Especially since the AC also reviews all charters.

At some point it would probably be nice to bring those various statements together, but there are bigger chunks of content that we could profitably remove first. Doing so wil make it easier to see what is left, and whether we can clarify it significantly.