Re: w3process-ISSUE-126 (autoWDpublish): Automatic WD publishing tool may change the W3C center of gravity around WGs [Process Document]

David, Marcos,

Le 13 sept. 2014 à 06:09, David (Standards) Singer <singer@apple.com> a écrit :
> On Sep 12, 2014, at 12:36 , Marcos Caceres <marcos@marcosc.com> wrote:
>> In the above, you can see exactly which 7 participants where involved in reaching consensus to add a feature.
>>
>> It's so nice to collaborate like this... just sayin’.
>
> You’re lucky that you get your contributors to do the ‘editing';

This is the nice thing about gihub (the Web UI on top of git). The issue management increases the traceability (though personally I would love to have distributed issues management in the code too. That's another story.)

Marcos, a question:
I understood you, you used the terms:

* editors for people doing git commits.
* contributors for people leaving comments on the issue tracking system.

How do you track contributors?
How do you record that someone has contributed without geeky skills?

Another topic which is important to me (#rustyweb):
How do we not lose the historical memory of these projects?
Commits are fine, but issues management and comments, etc, have no backup mechanisms in the current github. I wish there would be an interoperable protocol and formats to share those so you could back them up.

--
Karl Dubost 🐄
http://www.la-grange.net/karl/