Re: w3process-ISSUE-124 (WHATWG-blacklist): Normative Reference policy should explicitly black list WHATWG specs [Normative Reference Policy]

On 9/8/2014 9:40 AM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> On 9/8/14 9:38 AM, Jeff Jaffe wrote:
>>
>> To my knowledge the Director has not looked at the WHATWG URL
>> document from the perspective of normative references.
>
> OK, so that's still an option. (I didn't get that from the meeting.)
>
>> But on a call last Friday (which involved Team, and Chairs from
>> WebApps and HTML - but not the Director) it was suggested that there
>> were several conditions in the NRP document that would not apply.
>
> And which conditions are those?

If the HTML Chairs believe that this document would satisfy the
conditions they can propose to the Director to use the WHATWG document
and explain why it fulfills the normative references policy.

I think it would be inappropriate for the Staff to publicly speculate on
specific considerations if it might come to Director review.