RE: Name of Last Call Candidate Recommendation Re: New draft of Chapter 7 Process proposal

One reason that it may not make sense to have a name for "worthy of wide review" is that (at least within the CSS WG) sections of a document mature at different rates. So that parts of the document may be ready for "wide review" even though all of the document may not be so ready. The CSS WG has, in fact, chosen to split documents when a basic core of content is mature and to remove the less mature pieces for a subsequent version.  The intent was that the Status Section of each draft indicate what were the major changes since a prior draft and what should be reviewed. The document could, therefore, say the whole document should be reviewed for consistency and completeness, but this is just another WD (prior to Last Call).

Steve Z

-----Original Message-----
From: David Singer [mailto:singer@apple.com]
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2013 6:21 PM
To: Charles McCathie Nevile
Cc: Ian Jacobs; Jeff Jaffe; public-w3process@w3.org
Subject: Re: Name of Last Call Candidate Recommendation Re: New draft of Chapter 7 Process proposal

I think a name will help both inside the group, and outside.  Groups are required to heartbeat WDs, and it's notable when they say, by way of a label "this one is different, we are done and need wide review".

The process need only suggest a name, since there are no formal process actions tied to it.  But the newsletters can say WG xxx has produced an Ultimate Review of Buttons and Bows, and so on.

Sent from my iPad