Re: New Editor's draft of Chapter 7

On Mon, 07 Oct 2013 07:13:25 +0200, Stephen Zilles <szilles@adobe.com>
wrote:

> Charles,
> A couple of small points.

Note that unless someone screams, these will all appear in the next
editor's draft, sometime this week.

> 1. Implementation Experience.
> You added, " As creating, reviewing, and running tests can be very
> time-consuming, Working Groups are often able to work more effectively
> if they plan their test development work early in the development
> process."
>
> We have long held that tests are not necessarily required and that the
> criteria is demonstration of (interoperable) implementations. For this,
> tests are one way to go, but not necessarily the only way. So I suggest
> that you change your sentence to, " Planning and accomplishing a
> demonstration of (interoperable) implementations can be very time
> consuming. Groups are often able to work more effectively if they plan
> how they will demonstrate interoperable implementations early in the
> development process; for example, they may wish to develop tests in
> concert with implementation efforts."

Sure. (Since I don't think that sentence matters, it would be silly to
suggest I care that what is in it matters :) ).

> 2. In bullet 3 of 7.2, the word "change" should occur after
> "substantive" in the first sentence.

Yep.

> 3. I am a bit confused about the subsection of 7.4.5 on "edited
> Recommendations". This section list as a "SHOULD" that the Working
> Group, " SHOULD document known implementation.", but this is one of the
> General Requirements of 7.2. Does this mean that the General
> Requirements do not apply or should this requirement be removed in favor
> of the General Requirements (which seem to be required for "all W3C
> Recommendations" per the next paragraph.

It should be removed - it's just an editorial error. Thanks for catching
it.

cheers

Chaals