Re: Spec organizations and prioritization

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 14:48:49 +0100, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
wrote:
> Actually, I think any cost estimate we would get would be entirely
> dwarfed by the estimates we would get by asking microsoft, google, and
> apple about the cost they would associate with getting sued over a
> feature they're deploying in their browsers today. And I don't need to
> mention all the services and content providers that rely on these
> features to get their business done today. So I don't really think we
> need that particular data to determine that this would be a very good
> ROI.

Yes you do. Have companies operating in the same WG sued each other yet
over technology being defined in that WG? What is the price of having
competent people do make work instead of actual work? (Consider also that
time not invested in actually improving the platform helps competing
platforms.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/