Re: Returning to onlineAccount > OnlineAccount

I like the direction it is going.  Using existing schema.org types and
properties I'd extend what Jarno has sketched out in these respects:

- Extend the domain to include schema.org/Brand [1]
- Extend the supported properties to include:
    - schema.org/areaServed
    - schema.org/availableLanguage

These recommendations arise, in part, from inadequacies in Google's recent
method to declare social media profiles using either schema.org/Person or
schema.org/Organization in conjunction with the schema.org/sameAs property.
[2]

As discussed in [1], limiting the allowable domains to Person and
Organization cuts out a huge swath of Things that have social media
profiles (a type of online account).

Probably more importantly, even for the currently-supported Organization
type, there's no way or specifying languages or regions served by a given
URL declared with sameAs.  Obviously companies often have accounts intended
for a specific language and/or region, but not necessarily related to a
domain dedicated to that language and/or region, and still belonging to the
global organization.

For example, IBM has a Twitter account for France, in French:
https://twitter.com/ibm_france

But AFAIK there's no organization "IBM France".  Nor is there a separate
top-level domain or subdomain for French speakers in France accessing IBM
material, but only a folder-level web presence [3] - making it impossible
to unambiguously declare @ibm_france as "the Twitter account available in
French for IBM users in France" using the Google method.

areaServed and availableLanguage derive, not coincidentally, from
schema.org/ContactPoint; while not all types of accounts, or even online
accounts, can be thought of as a "contact point", that certainly *is* often
the case for social media accounts in corporate contexts.
schema.org/ProfilePage has also been discussed in this context:  there's
certainly aspects of this, too, that are relevant to an online account, but
comes up against limitations because this is really suitable for declaring
data about the account *profile*, rather than the online account itself.

[1]
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/webmasters/structured-data/0Bqh_3avOZw
[2]
https://developers.google.com/webmasters/structured-data/customize/social-profiles