Re: Documents that supersede others

09.11.2014, 08:54, "Dave Caroline" <dave.thearchivist@gmail.com>:
> Please dont forget the users who want a version of document to match
> the item they have, I am thinking of a manual for an item, they also
> go through various versions, sometimes with a model number change,
> some times with a serial number/date range of device to doc relation.

I started by facing a similar use case - drafts of specifications.

When you implemented against a particular draft it is useful to be able to find it. But the 80% case is "the latest version (perhaps with some status or characteristic)".

The behaviour I am trying to catch is attempts to remove the older versions from search results by marking them "don't index", while allowing for the 80% case to be simple - you get the one that superseded everything unless you want it to have some feature described that was removed, or something like that.

cheers