Re: What is schema.org? A technical briefing paper

> "...There are mechanisms for jumping out of the nested hierarchy, for
> example the itemref property in microdata allows links to be made between
> items described in separate sections on a webpage is supported within
> schema.org..."

In regards to this:
Microdata's @itemid (global identifier) is now supported by Google. Both
Google's Webmaster Tools and Structured Data Testing Tool show the proper
data being extracted. @itemref stills generates duplicate instances of data
in the graph. By referring to an @itemid instead of using @itemref you no
longer have all the duplicates. (all be it @itemid and @itemref can't
always be swopped as they are different beasts and work differently)

:

--
*Jarno van Driel*
Technical & Semantic SEO Consultant

Tel: +31 652 847 608
Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JarnovanDriel
Linkedin: linkedin.com/pub/jarno-van-driel/75/470/36a/