RE: Finalizing Reservation schemas for schema.org

On Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:38 PM, Dan Brickley wrote:

> Many thanks to Vicki for working through all the fine-grained detail
> for finalizing the Reservation vocabulary, which was circulated here a
> while back. This version reflects all feedback, and in particular
> pulls several pieces of ticketing-related information into a dedicated
> Ticket type.
>
> Here's the RDFS:
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webschema/file/6910d4e4591a/schema.org/ext/Reser
> vation.html
>
> Wiki: https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/ReservationsSchema (not up to
> date, like much of wiki currently)
>
> A test build is here:
>
> http://sdo-wip2.appspot.com/Reservation
> http://sdo-wip2.appspot.com/Ticket etc.

Nice! Just some minor questions:

Ticket has a downloadUrl whereas Reservation doesn't. Wouldn't it in both cases make sense to just use Thing's url property instead? If not, what would you use url for in these cases?

Is it really necessary to have cancelReservationUrl, confirmReservationUrl, and modifyReservationUrl on Reservation? Do you expect them to point to different URLs in practice? I would expect that in most cases all three (or at least two of them) would point to a single page which allows you to cancel/confirm or modify your reservation.

--
Markus Lanthaler
@markuslanthaler