Re: Candidate schema.org 1.0f release: bugfixes, Offer generalized for non-profit use.

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 12:26 PM, Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com> wrote:

> I've made a test build of a 1.0f release, at
> http://sdopending.appspot.com/
>
> draft release notes:
>
> """1.) Several Minor fixes reported by Dan Scott
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/2013Nov/0211.html>
>  * http://schema.org/ItemAvailability
>   - typo in "availablity": "A list of possible product availablity
> options." should be "A list of possible product availability options."
> * http://schema.org/citation - invalid note in docs. The description
> says "NOTE: Candidate for promotion to ScholarlyArticle." when in fact
> the property was promoted from ScholarlyArticle to CreativeWork.
>  * http://www.schema.org/docs/schema_org_rdfa.html still has no
> encoding declaration in the <head> element or HTTP header. This can
> cause difficulties for parsers: Add <meta charset="UTF-8" /> to head.
>
> 2.) Textual changes to Offer that support not-for-profit offers.
> * http://www.w3.org/community/schemabibex/wiki/Broaden_Offer_usage via
> http://www.w3.org/community/schemabibex/wiki/Main_Page
> * Thanks to Dan Scott again for the proposed RDFS diff
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/2013Oct/0074.html>.
> This broadens the definition of Offer and makes associated changes to
> ItemAvailability and OfferItemCondition, typically rewording "the item
> for sale" to simply say "the item". The itemOffered property is now
> defined more appropriated as "The item being offered." rather than
> "...sold.". The "seller" property is now defined as "The organization
> or person making the offer.", a compromise to support its use for more
> kinds of offer."""
>
> See http://sdopending.appspot.com/Offer and nearby for most of this.
> Thanks Dan x2, and the bibextend team. Unless someone catches a
> mistake, we'll proceed to publish this shortly. "Many eyes", and all
> that..

Looks great! I've diffed the current schema.org vs. the sdopending version,
and all of the changes are good (and thorough). Nice to see a few of the
properties getting arranged in proper alphabetical order, as well (yes, I
looked that closely--heh!)

Thanks Dan!